CAP Resources works with professional investment groups to keep a balance between deal flow, technology vetting, due diligence, guidance and growth of portfolio companies, and achieving exit strategies. With over $3 Billion in transaction support under our belt, we appreciate the fine line between recognizing investment opportunities, and understanding the realities and pitfalls of often unproven services and technologies.
Investors who are broadening portfolios to include technology investments and are resource constrained by a lack of experienced technical and market-savvy resources will find CAP Resources invaluable in assessing both opportunities and risks associated with such ventures. Investor companies experiencing short-term project needs due to internal resource constraints can augment their due diligence resources through CAP Resources.
We also do “deep dives” into specific technical fields and business services and can generate deal flow, profile target technology companies, and prioritize investment opportunities for consideration. We frequently act as a facilitator to support investment objectives, keep all aspects of transactions on track, and make sure that targets are preferentially pre-disposed to working with our clients over other potential investors.
CAP Resources has considerable first-hand experience in the exposures faced by early-stage technology companies competing in fast-moving markets. CAP Resources specializes in assessing Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Technology risk factors associated with such endeavors, as well as realistic assessments of management, business and financial models, staffing levels, market strategies and infrastructure requirements needed to succeed in technology markets.
Laying the foundation for a successful match starts early in the process. CAP Resources bears the flag for acquirers and investment groups by providing full spectrum transaction support services:
- Build or Buy Analysis –critical decision-making on the tradeoffs and timing of organic growth versus growth via acquisition
- Landscape Assessment and Target Identification and Profiling –In-depth market assessments to identify prospective targets, along with rigorous research and analysis to prioritize acquisition targets
- Deal Execution including communications facilitation, deal structuring, deal modeling and scenario planning, due diligence and transaction support
Combining our extensive business planning, analytical and financial modeling experience with our collaborative, team oriented style helps clients navigate through the various personalities, company cultures and transactional requirements. We know that earning the trust of difficult owners and gaining board approval is as important as modeling complex transactions and conducting root cause analyses between financial projections and actual results.
CAP Resources analytics team includes seasoned transaction support experts with experience across a breadth of transactions and financial structures:
- The team includes senior analysts, designers of GAAP based financial models and accounting systems, Masters of Business Administration and/or Certified Financial Analysts
- Financial Modeling and analytics follow US GAAP accounting standards, including analysis, due diligence, and cross checking of:
- Income statement and costs appropriation
- Balance sheet
- Cash flows and working capital
- Financial ratios, derivation, and meaning
- We also strive to maintain current knowledge of recent changes in the accounting standards and transition towards IFRS reporting standards